1. I am new to your website, where should I start?
If you’re new to this website, you’ll definitely want to Start here!! There’s just a tad about why I started this site as a resource for parents, but there are also a few great guidelines to keep in mind for living green! I hope you enjoy 🙂
2. “Dr. Green Mom…..” So, are you a real doctor?
Yes! I am board certified and licensed in the state of Arizona. I have licenses to practice general medicine (diagnose and treat), chiropractic, acupuncture, homeopathy, and herbal medicine. I hold a DEA license and prescription rights (minus chemotherapeutics), though I prescribe with the intent to treat the cause and eventually take you off your medication.
3. How is Dr. Green Mom funded?
Currently, I am doing this as a labor of love. I have invested hundreds of free hours into this project; late nights and very early mornings. I would like to eventually blog more often and make Dr. Green Mom an amazing resource for healthy alternatives to conventional medical wisdom.
4. My Naturopathic Doctor can’t prescribe medication, why can you?
Naturopathic Doctors are licensed differently by state (and province if you live in Canada). To learn more about NDs in your state, try here.
5. I am trying to find an alternative/holistic doctor like you, where can I find one?
Holistic medicine is gaining ground! Yay! Try checking here!
6. My pediatrician “fired” us because we choose not to vaccinate, do you know where I can find a vaccine friendly pediatrician?
Unfortunately I am hearing more often pediatricians refusing care to unvaccinated children. Hopefully this resource will help you out!
7. I see you advocate for both sides of the vaccine debate. Do you vaccinate your own child?
As a physician I advocate for parents to make informed decisions regarding the health and well-being of their child. As a parent, I do not vaccinate my child, currently.
8. Is the Dr. Green Mom Family gluten and dairy free?
We used to be strict GF/CF (gluten/casein free). When my daughter was born, very early on she had food sensitivities from my breast milk. I took gluten, dairy, soy, and egg out of my diet for 18 months. Now Isabella shows no signs of food sensitivities. Our diet consists of GF/CF 80% of the time.
9. I see you have a “NMD” behind your name. What’s the difference between ND and NMD?
NMD stands for Naturopathic Medical Doctor. ND stands for Naturopathic Doctor. In licensed states, there is no difference. The state of AZ grants “NMD.”
10. Why is naturopathic/alternative/holistic medicine such a big deal lately?
People are sick and tired, literally. Our current medical system is failing miserably (in the area of chronic disease) and society is looking for a better way. I want you, my green friend, to have access to better health… for yourself and for your family.
11. Do you eat GMOs?
Currently, my family consists of 80/20. We limit GMOs as much as possible. Occasionally we can’t help but to check in to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I am not sure if their food is non-GMO? And we don’t stress when we eat out whether or not the food is organic or non-GMO.