- Toxic Floor Cleaners/ Safer Alternatives
- Non-Toxic Do It Yourself (DIY) Recipes:
- Floor Cleaner
- Tile Floor Cleaner
- Carpet Deodorizer
Toxic Floor Cleaners/ Safer Alternatives
Find out if your current Floor Cleaners are toxic and look for safer alternatives –> HERE
Non-Toxic Do It Yourself (DIY) Recipes
- Add 2 tablespoons castile soap
- 15 – 20 drops of essential oil
- Combine these ingredients in a gallon of hot water.
- Clean the floor as you would with a mop on commercial floor cleaner.
- It is not necessary to rinse the floor with water after it is clean.
- If you like a pine scent, 5 drops cypress essential oil and 10 drops pine essential oil.
- For a fresh citrus scent, 10 drops of lemon essential oil and 10 drops of orange essential oil.
Tile Floor Cleaner
- Fill a bucket with water.
- add 1/4 cup vinegar
- 10 drops of essential oil
- If the floor is extra dirty (or greasy), add a few drops of castile soap.
In a glass jar:
- add 1 cup of baking soda
- 20 drops of essential oil
- Put the jar lid on and shake it well to incorporate the essential oils into the baking soda.
- Keep the lid on, and allow the mixture to sit for a day.
- Lightly sprinkle the mixture over the carpet and let it sit on the carpet for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Use a vacuum to clean up the powder